Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Grease Monkeys

What to do, when your mom informs you that while you were away, running errands, and while your 2 year old twins were supposedly napping soundly, they were really emptying a jar of Vicks Vapor Rub and a tube of Butt Paste into their tiny, little, 2 year old hands and smearing the mixture into their hair.


And what to do, when you attempt to wash their hair not once, not twice, but three times in hopes of cleansing each strand of greasy goo, but you fail miserably?


And what to do, when the next morning you need to run errands with your grease monkey girls in tow, but when they awake their hair looks like a bad attempt to replicate John Travolta's 'do in Grease?


What you do is ride the wave out and roll with it.



...After placing as many pigtails in their hair as deems possible.



And then you pretend that you meant it to look like that.



Then during naps you try it on your own hair. Just to see if it turns out as cute.*





*No you don't.

13 comments:

Aimee' said...

uh oh...terrible 2's?! ;)

Kar said...

ahh.....I was really hoping for at least one "pre" fix'em-upper photo..;-)

I've got pics of my oldest covered head to toe in Desitin and then almost exactly 4 yrs later one of Jewels covered head to toe in desitin. ;-)

THE CHRISTENSEN CHRONICLE said...

Ohhh my gosh Tiff, when I played softball and my hair was about your lengh I always would wear in 4ponies JUST like that! Not kidding! Jason says when he would come to watch his cousin play he always wondered who that "weird" Alden girl was with her hair in all those ponies....way to funny and their hair is WAY to cute like that, hands down! Tana

Oh and I am trying the recipe tonight, I just harvested a WHOLE bunch of beans!

mrs boo radley said...

Cutie pie, cutie pie, cutie pie!!

My brother got his hands on a jar of Vaseline when he was their age...but we just had to turn it into spikey spikes because he didn't have enough handfuls of hair for four ponies.

Stephanie said...

Their hair still looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I was going to say, I like their hair like that. ;)

Lauren said...

Our two year old son just emptied the Vicks Vapor rub. It wasn't so bad as in his hair but it is all over the carpet and the room sure does smell different!

Anonymous said...

It's almost a right of passage...just like some day finding a pair of scissors and giving themselves a trim.

They are awfully cute though. ;)

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

I swear it must be a twin thing!

Jen said...

I know I'm late on this, but for future reference... someone told me Dawn was good at getting goopy stuff like that out of hair.

Sarah said...

I was so glad to find your blog! We welcomed our fourth child after 2 yrs and 3 months of marriage... but I became not just a wife, but a mommy to one beautiful 3 yr old girl on the same day. The twins arrived exactly one year later, and #4 joined us 15 mos after the twins. Now we have a 6 yr old and 3 under 2. It's a crazy life and I love finding others who understand what it's like - and then some! Your kids are so precious and this post is just priceless - you certainly made the girls look super cute! I am impressed! :)

Twisted Cinderella said...

Too funny!! They do look adorable though!

Lori said...

Hey Tiff! I just figured out a way to get ointment-based crap out of the kids' hair!! (My 2 yr old twins just smeared ointment butt paste all over each other, hair, clothes, carpet, etc) Remind me to tell you the scoop on Wed !!