Thursday, April 3, 2008

Looking back

It hasn't been 3 years already. Impossible! This was Julia, exactly 3 years ago. Looking back at pictures of our children, whether it be 3 months or 3 years ago, is a therapy measure and great reminder that these: bottle making, time-out issuing, funny toddler storytelling, loading and unloading (and loading and unloading), tantrum defusing, blowout diaper changing, rocking chair snuggling, free-giving hugging and kissing days will be just a memory all too soon.
When did this growing up thing happen? I do remember the first sign of it. It was the day after Luke was born. My MIL had Julia while we were in the hospital and when she brought her back, Julia ran up to me looking like she was 3 instead of 16 months.

And to think I thought Julia was a big girl as a 5 month old.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

After I had my second child, my husband went home to see our 2 year old and when he came back he warned me "he will look like a 12 year old". I thought that was funny until I went home and realized he was right!

Amanda said...

Oh, she was (and still is) SO sweet. I can't believe how much all of your children resemble each other! It's really unbelievable!

You can't believe she's 3, but what I can't believe is that you have 4 children, ages 3 and under.

Really, though. They do grow up too quickly and every "impossible" stage will soon be a thing of the past.

My little Chloe is still keeping me up A LOT at night, and our other two daughters also wake up periodically, as well. So needless to say, we're Sleepless in the Selness home. I feel like I NEVER sleep anymore!

BUT, reading your post gave me a little perspective. Little 5 month old Chloe will be 3 before I know it and then I'll be wishing I could have these sleepless days back!