Friday, April 11, 2008

Unplanned Adventures

It's a good thing our day trip to my "half hippie, half organic, I-grow-my-own-Kiefer-on-my-countertop-while-fermenting-every-vegetable-from-my-garden, hidden amish attribute" girlfriend's house turned into an overnight trip. My children were NOT ready leave the farm after their naps as planned. Furthermore, I wasn't ready to go home since the dress she was teaching me to sew for Julia was not finished yet...and still is not. That has a lot to do with the fun we were having on our walks to the end of her driveway...galoshes and puddles included, our trip to the Moose for burgers, fries, and ice cream, the unplanned outside water faucet incident where all 3 children became drenched head-to-little-toe, and...well, taking care of 5 children under 3 years old. Moreover, my pet-deprived children must have given her two cats a months worth of neck carrying snuggling. And the "Yeehaws" left Luke speechless and motionless....for just a moment.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Looks farm'tastic!

Anonymous said...

How fabulous! How did you meet this great friend of yours? Is it a long drive to her house? She sounds like she's right up my alley. CUTE pictures!!!

Angela said...

I LOVE that last picture! Fabulous. Love the colors. Love the composition. Love the feeling.

So sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Where did you go again? Nothing from Saturday, Sunday, or Monday? How am I suppose to know what the Swanson kids are doing???????? Gregg

resa troyer said...

That picture of Luke is amazing. You should find some kid contest to enter it in. You really have a knack for photography.