Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Favorite Things Swap

Update: Kristen got my Favorite Things package.


ORIGINAL POST:
I got a package again!!

And, Kristen's Favorite Things couldn't have come on a better day. Ahhh! For the love of gas money and a mama of 4under3, what in the world happened this morning? Without diving completely into I'll just say that we practically made it to every corner of our 100,000 person city this morning in efforts of running two little errands. It was a completely unsuccessful trip around town with only whining, rude roadworkers, crying (from all 5 of us), and spent nerves.

So you can imagine how excited I was when Julia said, "Mama, the Mailman left a package in our garage," after we arrived home.

You see, Wendi hosted a Favorite Things Swap awhile back and Kristen and I became swap partners. I got a package of a few of her favorite things today, and my package to her should be arriving soon.

Check out her favorite things to me:


I've found that we both hold a similar love--Autumn. Look at all these fall'ish favorites of hers.





Fall scrapbooking stickers. I'll definitely use them. I love to scrap and make cards. And Country Living's Fall issue. Mmmm. A perfect read while sipping on a mug of spiced apple cider made from the mulling spices she sent. And look at these cute antique sundae dishes. She loves sundaes. I wonder if she prefers hot fudge and nuts like I do?



A bag of her favorite fall snack as a child: Peanuts and Candycorn mix--I'm munching on them right now. And a bag of Amish Homestyle noodles with a recipe of her favorite Beef and Noodles atop mashed potatoes. I can't wait to make that for supper. Along with the recipe for her favorite Banana Bread.
So even though the bees were stinging bad today, it was nothing a few favorite things couldn't fix. Thanks Kristen!

6 comments:

Alicia O. & the gang said...

That sounds so fun.......all that stuff looks awesome! All things I would love too! Hope it healed your day for you!

Lori said...

how fun! i just signed up for a swap today! can't wait!

Kristen said...

So glad that they came on the perfect day! :)

Hope your kids and family love the amish noodles as much as we do!

Can't wait for my package!!

Hippie Family... said...

oh yum.. peanuts and candy corn are suppose to be like a baby ruth bar.. that's one of our fav fall snacks too!!

Wendi said...

What a fabulous package you got!
You definitely got a great swap partner as well as a great package.
Thanks so much for participating.
I am glad you had so much fun with the swap!

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can generate money by locking special areas of your blog / website?
Simply join CPALead and use their Content Locking widget.