She's so great like that!
Ever since Julia was born, she has come on Mondays to play, sometimes clean, and stay while I run errands. Boy has her grandmother role changed slightly since then--3 years and 3 children later. And, I know that long days like these aren't always a piece of cake. (Goodness, it's a challenge for me sometimes and I'm nearly a pro. Joke people, definitely joking!) But, my mom always greets us with a smile and fun stories from the day when we return.
We left a smidge before 9am and walked back through the door a bit before 7pm. And, if you followed my twitter updates you know Mr. Marvelous and I headed into the city to our season ticket seats to cheer on our State Football team today. Here are some things I found myself lovin' about today:
- A peaceful car ride with great conversation.
- A sausage and egg mckmuffin AND a sausage burrito AND a pulpy OJ AND a hashbrown (gosh, I must have been hungry.)
- A train ride into downtown.
- Sitting next to my little brother who met us for the game. (His wife (in glasses) is gone on an All-Girls Whitewater Rafting trip near the East Coast.)
- Singing Sweet Caroline with 50,000 other off key fans.
- Occasionally sneaking peaks at the adorable elderly couple sitting near us.
- Watching touchdown after touchdown completed by our team, followed by a victory.
- Running in the rain holding Mr. Marvelous' hand.
- F.i.n.a.l.l.y finding a vanity/sink/faucets for our downstairs bathroom. Ugh!
- A concrete raspberry mixer. Mmm!
- Tiptoeing up on the children, who were quietly playing when we returned home, and surprising them.
- And of course, staring at this hot number all day...
What have you found yourself lovin' lately?