Monday, October 15, 2007

Sibling Love


Back when I worked in Member Services at the YMCA I met an adorable sister and brother duo. They were about 12 and 13 years old and would come in with their parents a couple of times a week. They were always so kind and respectful towards everyone at the desk, and they always seemed so loving towards oneanother. I remember thinking, and praying, that our children would have that same love for eachother. It seems natural for siblings to go through some sort of stage where they don't get along so well....but does it have to be that way? I wonder what it is that parents can do to encourage a positive friendship between their children. Well, here is an adorable picture of Julia and Luke loving on eachother. They love eachother more than not....and we have so much fun watching it.

Some favorite past and present memories of Julia and Luke loving eachother are: Julia and Luke laughing at eachother from their own cribs when they shared a room in our last house, Julia getting out of her bed to go crawl in Luke's crib when we moved and they had their own rooms (Luke would already be sleeping and Julia would snuggle up to him), Julia squeezing Luke's ears while saying, "I love you, I love you, I love you," Luke saying Julia's name first thing after he wakes in the morning and after naps.

3 comments:

Stephanie Balvin said...

I am so glad you have blog!!! I love it!! I love the pictures, writing and everything. I also love the names norah and hazel. I really wish we lived closer together our kids would have so much fun!

Stephanie Balvin said...

Oh yeah, and I agree I love that Jacob and Isabelle are so close in age. It was hard in the beginning and still is sometimes, but the love they have for one another is irreplaceable. Andrew is getting in on it too, so it's really getting fun!

Anonymous said...

found your new blog. love it! your kids are adorable. thanks for keeping us 'out of towners' updated. talk to you soon.