Sunday, January 13, 2008

I'm Not Gonna Lie..so I'll Be Quite Honest.

"I'm not gonna lie" is a phrase I picked up from my alma mater. It stuck and I still use it.

So, that's just what I'm going to do.
Here it goes.

I'm not gonna lie, as I was backing our truck out of my husband's stall this afternoon on my way to run errands--I hit the snowbank, AGAIN! It's not the first, and I'm sure it's not the last. In fact, I'm quite positive I've hit that snowbank EVERY TIME I've tried to crank that truck around our absurdly designed driveway. There's never any damage done but I'm sure people wonder why his license plate imprint is on the pile of snow near our driveway.

And while we're on the car subject, I love jammin' out while I'm driving. Solo or with the kids, it doesn't matter. The radio is cranked, we're dancing in our car(seats), and Toby Mac is accompanying us to some "Extreme Days" cuts, it's great.

And, I'll be honest, I have a love for words. I used to have a "favorite words" list that included words such as: plethora, enchantment, pinking (as in "pinking shears"), and LaDainian Tomlinson. It's got to be the way some words roll off the tongue.

And, I'm not gonna lie, I frequently put on my make-up embarrassingly forgetting my mascara. It was just yesterday when I did this and then ran out to do some things (in public). For some strange reason I get bored 7/8 ths of the way through the make-up portion of getting ready and I go and do something else planning to return and finish my mascara....I guess, when I'm less bored, but forget.

Before closing, I'll admit this too: all of our 4under3 are/were tummy sleepers, I love love love giving unexpected gifts, I prefer a dessert over an appetizer (unlike my Marvelous husband), I reallllly miss swimming laps, I 'm a very aggressive driver, I get completely engrossed in Psalms, especially 139, the sound of the dishwasher and washing machine running makes me feel good, instantly I tear up when I drive by a car accident, when summer comes we'll be outside playing from 8:30am-6:00pm, and I melt while holding each child during "snuggle time" in their rocking chair the few minutes before each and EVERY nap and bedtime.

Ok, that feels much better, now that I got that out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not gonna lie: I loved reading this!!!

Were you really a swimmer? Prince Charming and I were.

Kieran NEVER slept on his tummy (I mean, until he could roll over and get there on his own), Cullen did SOMEtimes, and now Maisie is sleeping on her tummy almost exclusively).

Sorry about the snowbank. Again.

Melanie, Who am I ? said...

I love that I already knew a good chunk of these things about you. Funny about the truck too, your driveway is shaped bad, I'm always afraid I will hit your mailbox.

Stephanie Balvin said...

I admit..all of my kids slept on their belly's too. The extra sleep they got was good for me and them! Loved reading this!

MamaBear said...

I'm not going to lie - the small font on this post gave me a headache, but I enjoyed reading too much to stop. :)

Leslie said...

My twins are tummy sleepers and I swear that rice cereal helped them sleep through the night. Thanks for your honesty as always!