Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Heat is On

Come one, come all! And that's what we all did.

There was some very serious competition going on tonight at our town's weekly track and field meet. With little girls as the cheerleaders, Julia and Luke ran the 50 and 100 yard dash--in their gender appropriate age category.



These were the first races they both have participated in--ever. I think. Well, if you don't count Luke's Crawling race at the mall a couple years back. But I wouldn't even call that a real race since the girl that won, got up from her crawling position and ran the last half of the race to first place. Oh come on, now. But, there were no hard feelings or anything. And, if you'll notice how Julia's left arm is in the pumping position. She picked that up when she transitioned from a new walker to a runner. It's never two arms, just one. We don't know what the one arm pump really means but she must think it makes her lightning fast.



Here, the long jump. I can't even begin to explain how much fun this little guy had just in running down his delivery platform. The dad behind me must have found it as humorous as I, because his laugh at our little guy was as big as my smile was.


And, by the looks of these photos, I'm thinking we should contact the Winter Olympics' Long Jump coordinator--and quick.

7 comments:

Amy said...

What in the world? -- this is SO cute!

Do tell more...

Lisa H said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Do they really have that every week?

Stephanie Balvin said...

That looks so fun! Great for the scrapbook!

Kristi said...

I LOVE those little track meets! We have them here in my town on Monday nights...I need to take my kids to them as well. I know that they would love it! And, being a track-ster in my younger days, I always love being at a track meet! :-) I bet that the kids had a blast!!! FUN!

Stacey said...

Those pictures are so sweet. Lukes face in the long jump picture is adorable! Way to run Julia you long-haired babe! Never heard of those fun little meets. That's great!

Ehlan said...

Super absolutely precoiously adorable!

Angela said...

that is so fun! you must live in a great community. my kiddos would lov eto do something fun like that!