Tuesday, July 29, 2008

faith that can move mountains

I've been wanting to put together a post about my new 6:10am events.

It was supposed to go something like, "Blame it on the ipod....bla bla bla, last week I whispered to my ipod, 'If you work tomorrow morning, I'll start running again,' bla bla."

And it did. It worked that next morning, and it has all 4 of the mornings that I've ran since. Dependable little buggar.

So, I've started running again. And I was going to write all about it. But, frankly, other things have been on my mind. And I find it hard to talk about mindless, futile things when there are vital events in need of my time. Time used for prayer.

A dear sweet friend and her unborn baby need prayer. You can read about the mountain they're climbing here.

And, despite the intensity of the situation, she is still standing strong in the God that is above all.

She is still praising the One who is responsible for speaking our universe into existence.

She is still passionately embracing Him through every turn of these events.

She still has faith that can move mountains.

In Psalms 139 there are verses that I read, reread, and doubly reread while we were climbing our own mountain with the twins. I find comfort in knowing this is the God that I praise. The same God that is above every mountain that each one of us often finds ourselves climbing.

Psalms 139:13-18
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body,
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!
I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up, you are still with me!

Please join with me in prayer.

9 comments:

Lakeville Vertical said...

I'm praying and sometimes can't believe how much people are expected to take. I know God is good but at times his heart must feel broken with ours also. Thanks for sharing your heart. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for your friend.

Homegrown Tribe said...

it's been on my mind too... everything else seems so simple compared to their battle right now. hmmmmm. Life can be so hard sometimes.

brittany

Leslie said...

I ended up on her blog the other night and couldn't quit reading. I will definitly keep them in my prayers. Docs thought Sam would have hydrops many times and many talked about a possible delivery at 25 weeks so I know a tiny bit of what she is going through. It's a really hard place to be at. My heart goes out to them.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, my sweet friend.

The button looks great over here, on your already black background, huh?

Anonymous said...

I just read about your friend and her baby. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Hilary said...

Thank you so much for all your prayers for my sister and my unborn nephew. I truly am blessed...and I know my sister is as well.
I appreciate you posting a link on your blog to gather more prayer warriors!
Thank you sooo much.
God Bless,
Hilary

Alicia O. & the gang said...

It certainly makes us all feel a deal of gratitude that is for sure!

But back to the running....DO TELL! I love to hear others stories of their running! And you look so amazing even before you began...

Anonymous said...

I love those verses. I'm adding them to my favorite verse collection.