Friday, July 25, 2008

Favorites Post-Plan B

Update: Because I find it extremely hard to post without a picture, I'm adding this one. Here are our Bathing Beauties -n- Beau.


As I was putting together my new favorite Bok Choy salad this afternoon, minutes before a.) Mr. Marvelous and Julia headed out the door and on to the cities to help auntie move b.) I, myself, loaded the 3 "littles" into the car to head to the store for swim diapers and then on to the CC to wade away a couple of hours before bedtime and c.) I indulged in it--the Bok Choy--I was thinking, "Mmmm, I love Bok Choy. I can't wait to eat you Bok Choy." And then I did.

Then, later, while driving the 2 miles it takes to get to the store, I glanced up at my rearview and caught a glimpse of my little boy sucking his thumb while gazing out the window and humming along to the children version of Big House. I was thinking, "Mmmm, I love that boy."

Then, even later, while I was transforming both our little girls from their daytime outfits into their swim diaper/bathing suit outfits in the CC parking lot, I was thinking, "Mmmm, I love bare, baby bottoms--and babies in bathing suits--and even more so...babies."

Are you catching the pattern here? BElieve me, there is one.

Random thoughts, right? From a mom who forgoed her role as teacher of 1st graders, and who now thinks of "b" words while caring for her 4 small children. I know. But since I think it would be down-right dreadful to leave out all my other "b" loves, here they are.

In no specific order.

With no specific reasoning for sharing them with you.

Just Because.



Bok choy, Boys, Babies, Bathing suits & pools, Beds from Tempurpedic, Barkley..as in Charles, the Bible..specifically the Psalms, Butter, Blogging, Big dogs...like Saint Bernards that don't lick or jump on you, Bubble baths, Burgers...with pepperjack cheese, Berries, Being a mom to 4, Burnt marshmallows, Burnt bacon, Birds singing in the morning, Breakfast...especially pancakes/waffles/crepes, Body massages, Brothers, Black flip flops, Bora Bora...ok, I don't know if I love the place, but I'd be willing to try it out and see, Bean burritos from Taco Bell..no red sauce, Basketball, Bags of Peanut Butter M&M's, and my "babes"...as in my husband...wearing the color green. Boy! Say those over and over, really fast.

So there you have it. Every single "b" love of mine.

Now, by no means am I asking you to share your "b" loves. And I realize that this barely even constitutes as a blogworthy topic, but--boy--would it be fun to be aware of them.

Ba-bye now! It's back to the kitchen for one more bowl of Bok Choy.

Oh, brother.

14 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i love burnt marshmallows too! and body massages...ahhh. and babies. and babies' bare bottoms. so many b's to love, so little time to list them. lately, what i love most of all is bedtime (for me and the babies)!

Angela said...

babies, boys, beautiful baby boys, bathtime, bungaloos (not! just seeing if you were paying attention), the "Bachelor," being brunette, bouncy bosoms (that I no longer possess), biking, blueberries, broccoli, birds, Braden, beaches...

okay- I will stop now. i am tired- which leads me to my favorite "B"... BEDTIME!!

Lakeville Vertical said...

Love all your B's. Didn't know you were a first grade teacher. My middle Baby is going into first grade-Boo hoo. She does work like this all the time oh and all the rhyming words. I say a word and she proceeds to tell me all the words that rhyme with that word. So cute. She's my Beloved!!

Oh, and I've got to say that I too will be like your MIL and wonder how I have a baby that is 28 when it comes to the time. Hopefully I won't cry as hard as I did today writing up my post. :)

mrs boo radley said...

Blogs like yours! Bloggers like you! My baby sister whose name starts with a "B"...

Bok choy, berries, 'bucha (short for kombucha), bubbly water, butter, bright morning sun that creeps in between the blinds...basking in the bright sun (ah, vitamin D--let's have a post on "D" too).

4under3 said...

Oh, what a great Bunch you all are. Yes, Bedtime, the Bachelor, sun Between the Blinds...

Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Bok Choy? I've never cooked with it. You wouldn't mind me bothering you for your recipe so I can try it out, would you?

And I love blowing bubbles with my kids.

Tina M

Annika said...

I would love the Bok Choy recipe too! Fun post, I am glad I am not the only one who thinks that way;) Good brain workout.

The Jessie James Gang said...

This was like a flashback to Sesame Street:). Now you need to come up with a song for your list.

Leslie said...

I love big dogs, bible, bean burrito from Taco Bell, butter, breakfast...man I guess I just love food. cute post. I didn't know you taught 1st grade. that's so great. And love this bath pic. Ah sweet Luke.

I need help with a boy name. Any suggestions??? I think we have similar taste seeing as how I love your kiddos names.

Amanda said...

I think I NEED your Bok choy recipe...You just can't get away with posting about how yummy and delicious it is without sharing the recipe! That's just darn right MEAN! :)

By the way, my brother-in-law Ben says Hi! I told him I've come to know you through our blogs and he thought that was SO crazy! :)

Amy said...

The twins look so big in that photo!!!

Anonymous said...

Brick houses, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Babies Breath...and Bok Choy recipes! ;)

Elyse said...

Bubble baths, Bed Bath Beyond, Brownies, Beds, Blue jeans!

Lots of B's-what a theme!
~Elyse~

gina said...

Brielle(my second born), baby powder!, brownies, baking, big ticket purchases, boredom busters(you can never have too many ideas of new things to do with your kids!), blogging, (french) braids, bread & butter, bakeries, broccoli(really, I love it) and Boston baked beans-

I think that's it.


Fun post!