Thursday, July 17, 2008

she's got legs

I'm telling ya, I'm in love with my children's legs lately.

It's not abnormal for me to be addicted to one or two certain parts of my children's little frames for an extended amount of time. And it's pretty much a given that you'd seem me chewing, squeezing, or kissing my favorite for that moment. Some days it's their fingers, most days it's their ears, but lately...their legs.

It started a few nights ago while I was tucking Luke in with a bedtime book. Julia and I joined him atop his Charlie Brown Cowboy sheets--the sheets that used to pass back and forth between my two younger brothers' rooms, and have since been passed to little Lukers--reading Spot Bakes a Cake for the third night in a row. We were all laying on our backs, knees in the sit-up position, when I noticed how short and stout my little man's thighs were.

For stinkin' cute!!!

How is it that his thighs have gone unnoticed for so long? The last time I really remember taking a good long look at them was moments after his entrance into this world. Now here it is, 2 years later and they're still there. And sturdy as can be.

Then yesterday while we played in the front yard, I noticed these same stouty elements on Norah. Cute as cucumbers, those legs of hers. And, I'm sure she'd completely agree while she looks at photos like this one, 15 years from now.

11 comments:

Elyse said...

Too cute!
~Elyse~

Amy said...

Love this photo, neat colors!

Um, how cute are those baby rolls? Cute enough to bite!

Homegrown Tribe said...

I do that too... so cute! Love all those little baby/toddler parts.

brittany

mrs boo radley said...

Squishy and smoochable! Love them.

ccdean said...

I too have been in love with my little girls legs as well, especially my chubby chubs Gracie. I love love love them. Love the picture of Norah, adorable.
--Christy

mrsgingergrl said...

Love love love baby thighs... although they sometimes remind me a little too much of my own legs (it's not pretty). Your kids are beautiful!

Lisa H said...

Such a CUTE picture! I keep taking pictures of my one year old's thighs, and my husband thinks I am nuts....but seriously, how adorable! I LOVE the little (or not so little) rolls. Can't get enough! :)

Annika said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have stopped by your blog before and enjoy your writing and picts. I love your little leg picture. Gardens are a wonderful thing. My children are great helpers too. Even the youngest who is 18 months. She helped pick green beans... well I should say she enjoyed sorting the ones I picked, but it kept her little hands busy :)My 5yo is growing corn in drinking glasses. Gardening is possible anywhere.

Tonya said...

Yeah those legs are stinkin' cute! Wow 4 kids under 3! You are amazing to be able to blog and take care of them :) Our Baby Peanut is 10 months but probably the same size as you twin one year olds!

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

That's adorable! My little guys all have 'chicken legs'. Don't know the rolls. But I have plenty to make up for it. *grin*

Your family is beautiful. Yikes, I can't imagine how busy you must be. But fun, busy? It will be so much fun for them to be so close in age as they grow up. Hmmm...makes me smile.

Thanks for stopping by. I am actually a traditional scrapbooker that can't seem to find time to do it the 'real' way. Don't have a clue what I am doing in the digital scrapbook world, but started playing with it earlier this month. It's taking this little lady a long time to figure out Photoshop! Having a blast, though!

Leslie said...

At first I wondered how you got that pic of my legs. Funny how cute it looks on a baby but not a 30 yr old woman. And why not? Sadly my boys never got the chunky legs and now they are walking it probably won't happen. I'll keep checking out your blog for my fat thigh fix. Love it!