Sunday, November 23, 2008

For your quick 4under3 fix...

  • You were right about my twitter. Mr. Marvelous did gift me an early present. And, yes, they are some sassy, wool lined boots. But, what I didn't tell you is that I was in fact doing the shopping solo and happened to call him to tell him the details of my newest favorite pair. That's when he in turn replied with, "Hon, how about you get them today." Woot Woot! So, really, I am the one who bought my Christmas present early. But only with the go-ahead from the true gifter.
  • Tonight I allowed Julia to wear her new Snow White dressup glass slippers to bed.
  • We made Gingerbread cookies Friday afternoon, and then again tonight. We all decided that this is the start of a 4under3 tradition.
  • Before our church service started this morning, we arrived in our row--second from the front--Mr. Marvelous stood up to talk to a friend, and I set Norah and Hazel down so I could dig out my chapstick from the bottom of my purse. (The same kind of chapstick that the Gift Giving Elf sent Alex when I drew her name last week.) And out of the corners of my eyes, I saw all 5 children--our 4 year old niece included--disappear out of sight. At that moment, I wasn't a bit bothered by it, and continued to take my time applying my Burt's Bees. However, 3 other church members must have noticed, because when I turned around, one anxiously announced that I had lost my children, while the others waited for my response. "Oh, thanks. They are quick ones. I just thought if I waited long enough, someone else might round them up for me." was my joking remark. They seemed pleasantly humored by my comment. Then off I went.
  • I gave in this afternoon during a trip to Walmart. I bought Julia something that I promised Mr. Marvelous I would not let her wear outside of our home. While Julia and I were there last week, she found an incredibly gaudy, pink, Sleeping Beauty hoodie that had a big plastic picture of the snoozing princess on the front. And if that doesn't scream, "NOT ON MY CHILD!" the plastic princess flashes when you move. Ah. But last week, Julia looked me in the eyes and told me it was the "only thing" she wants for Christmas. And she hasn't forgotten about it. So, I gave in while the children were home napping with daddy today, and bought it to put under the tree.

And,

  • Wouldn't it be saWEET if the winner of MckMama's Small Fryday contest received their very own playdate with her and her four Charming Kids. I'd love to win that. Oh, wait! We've already got a playdate down on the calendar. Yipee. (Don't hate me because I'm beaut get to hold Stellan.)

[wink]

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, and you ARE beautiful and I must say I thought your execution of the starting to write something but then crossing it out midstream was beautifully executed. I'd have never thought of that twist on my own.

Are you going to wear your new boots when we get together for our playdate?

mrs boo radley said...

Tiff and MckMama, we need a June 2009 playdate. You bring the kids, I'll bring the smooches and hugs.

Anonymous said...

It is I...the boot giver. However, HON, you left out the entire story of the boots. You didn't mention that these were the same boots that I gave you as a Christmas gift two years ago. You also didn't mention that you quickly returned them the next day because you didn't like them.
I think this proves that I am the trend-setter amongst Team 4under3....along with Julia and her clear plastic princess sandles that she sleeps with.

Lorie said...

I love that your gift giver leaves comments.

gina said...

Some sweet goings on at the 4under3 household. :) Don't forget how rockin' Julia will be with her new sweatshirt that she will probably wear every day. :)

My brielle ordered up some multi neon colored zebra print ugg-like boots if you can picture those- "If I only can have one thing- I will take these Mommy". At 11, Santa still can't refuse the one and only tactic. :)

Posted 'bout ya today. :)

Anonymous said...

You are a good momma to get the hoodie. I don't know that I could do it. Really. *LOL*

Elyse said...

I totally did not laugh at what you bought Julia and Not on my child! Have a wonderful MondaY!!!
~Elyse~

Anonymous said...

I support early Christmas presents. As long as they don't take away from the on-time Christmas presents.

Show us boot pictures! Show us boot pictures!

Lisa H said...

I can't wait to hear what happens the first time Julia decides she WOULD, in fact, like to wear her lovely plastic-coated blinking sweatshirt to school! :)

Alicia O. & the gang said...

All I have to say is...NAME DROPPER! Yes we would all love a playdate...but how about with you? Maybe you should have a contest and we could win one with you! I'd say that might be a good time as well....but htat's just me~!

Andi said...

You twitter sounded just like my night! We also had breakfast tonight and I just sat and peeled off all of my polish!! How funny.

Kristin said...

But can I be jealous that you and MckMama live close enough to each other to *have* playdates? I 'm not sure if that is fair. BTW, did you know each other before Blogland? Just curious.