- You were right about my twitter. Mr. Marvelous did gift me an early present. And, yes, they are some sassy, wool lined boots. But, what I didn't tell you is that I was in fact doing the shopping solo and happened to call him to tell him the details of my newest favorite pair. That's when he in turn replied with, "Hon, how about you get them today." Woot Woot! So, really, I am the one who bought my Christmas present early. But only with the go-ahead from the true gifter.
- Tonight I allowed Julia to wear her new Snow White dressup glass slippers to bed.
- We made Gingerbread cookies Friday afternoon, and then again tonight. We all decided that this is the start of a 4under3 tradition.
- Before our church service started this morning, we arrived in our row--second from the front--Mr. Marvelous stood up to talk to a friend, and I set Norah and Hazel down so I could dig out my chapstick from the bottom of my purse. (The same kind of chapstick that the Gift Giving Elf sent Alex when I drew her name last week.) And out of the corners of my eyes, I saw all 5 children--our 4 year old niece included--disappear out of sight. At that moment, I wasn't a bit bothered by it, and continued to take my time applying my Burt's Bees. However, 3 other church members must have noticed, because when I turned around, one anxiously announced that I had lost my children, while the others waited for my response. "Oh, thanks. They are quick ones. I just thought if I waited long enough, someone else might round them up for me." was my joking remark. They seemed pleasantly humored by my comment. Then off I went.
- I gave in this afternoon during a trip to Walmart. I bought Julia something that I promised Mr. Marvelous I would not let her wear outside of our home. While Julia and I were there last week, she found an incredibly gaudy, pink, Sleeping Beauty hoodie that had a big plastic picture of the snoozing princess on the front. And if that doesn't scream, "NOT ON MY CHILD!" the plastic princess flashes when you move. Ah. But last week, Julia looked me in the eyes and told me it was the "only thing" she wants for Christmas. And she hasn't forgotten about it. So, I gave in while the children were home napping with daddy today, and bought it to put under the tree.
- Wouldn't it be saWEET if the winner of MckMama's Small Fryday contest received their very own playdate with her and her four Charming Kids. I'd love to win that. Oh, wait! We've already got a playdate down on the calendar. Yipee. (Don't hate me because I
'm beautget to hold Stellan.)