Wednesday, November 26, 2008

globbing on a pretty shade of pink

After I published my last post I remembered that I had this picture.

One afternoon--just a year and a half ago--after Mr. Marvelous had returned home from work, Julia modeled her brand new skirt for her daddy then slipped away into our room to paint her fingernails by herself. While we were making supper in the kitchen, she was globbing on a pretty shade of pink polish being careful not to dribble a drop on her clothing or our white duvet.

There was a huge "thanks" that went out to the Bible that was sitting on my nightstand that day. Julia decided it would work nicely as a flat surface in which to perform her painting activity on.

And it did.

It caught every trickle and slop of spilled paint leaving no fabric permanently polished pink.


Phew.

9 comments:

Elyse said...

At least it did not hit the fabric :)
~Elyse~

Stephanie said...

Looks like she is forming a habit :)

Courtney and the Boys said...

Hi there! I found you through MckMama...and I'm lovin' your blog. You have a beautiful family and a wonderful way with words. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I liked your comment for Stellan's latest contest. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Courtney in Indiana

Homeowners said...

I'd say she's well on her way to cosmopology!! :)

gina said...

Too cute!! My ladies did each other's nails as you can see in the pics of my ornament exchange. just lovely- but hey, how else is a girl gonna learn, right?!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

wow, that takes some talent! i love how proud she looks in the photo - too cute!

Lorie said...

Where's the picture of The Bible that saved the day, or should I say saved the DUVET?

Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Awww look at her!! She's adorable and so is her skirt. Too cute. And thank God (SORRY!! hahahaha) for catching the polish.

Rissa said...

Oh Lordy!! The things children do.. gotta love it.. Thank goodness she didnt get the bedspread or her new skirt painted..how about a picture of the bible!.. We might need to make a caption for it! LOL
Have a very blessed week!!