Tuesday, May 26, 2009

please pass me another gigantic slice of chocolate cake

Life with lots of little people isn't a walk in the park everyday.

I'd sure like to think that rearing our 4 & 3 year olds, and 2 1 year olds is as easy as plowing through a gigantic piece of chocolate cake. But we all know the truth in that. And, you know I tend to keep it real with ya'll. Rememeber?

However, I'm all about bringing the sunshine here at 4under3. Even if it is a drizzling spring day.

So, for you my dear readers, fiest your eyes on our morning adventures. It didn't go as I would have planned it to. But, it just might take away the pain from that jar of tomatoes you just dropped on your right toe, or the drawing your toddler just created on your newly painted wall. It might just crack a few sunshiny rays through your curtains. Then you might be able to sigh and be reminded that, "It's okay, she had a really crappy morning too she dealt with some issues too."

It might.

It all started this morning--after arriving home from a trip to a superstore where my 3 year old flipped a lid after I told him he could not have another pair of Spiderman sandals, and as I was starting lunch--when Norah took off her skirt & diaper while playing in the garage. Most times that's no big deal. Unless she has a dirty diaper. Drats! She had a dirty diaper. So, while my noodles were boiling, and proceeding to stick to the bottom of the pot, I cleaned her up on the floor of the bathroom that's right off our kitchen.

Now, while Norah and I were in the bathroom, I smelled the most unusual smell. A smell that reminded me of Mr. Marvelous' spicy grilled wings. "Mmm," I thought. "That smells good. But why is it coming from my bathroom?" As I secured Norah's diaper tabs and put her skirt back on, I looked around. Nothing. That's when I turned to see that Hazel had taken a bottle of RedHot Wing Sauce from the pantry and dropped it on the kitchen floor, shattering it to bits. And if I didn't know any better, I would have thought that the wing sauce tried its darndest to maneuver itself across the floor on as much of our newly tiled grout lines as it could.

After scrubbing RedHot off of our floor, I scraped noodles off the bottom of the pot and proceeded to make homemade Mac-n-Cheese while the twins colored with markers at the island that I was working at.

Between the time it took me to scrape noodles and serve up plates, Norah had thrown a red crayon into my pot of macaroni, and colored semi circles on her sister's forehead.

Dear Lord! Please, pull the plug from this preposterousness!

Say that three times really fast. Say it. Say it!!!

Ahem. Noooo. I'm fine. Really.

In fact, all that's over. And, I feel better now. I do.



Do you?



Well then. Here. Have a chicken wing.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiff I'm glad that you are able to see the Sunshine in the hardest of days:) You are such a wonderful mommy what a gift you are to those four littles!!! Lilly and I CANNOT WAIT to come down to see you and the family. Hope you have a better afternoon enjoy NAP TIME.
Love you
Michelle

Lori said...

hee hee! makes my needing to go to the same store twice in 20 min with kids in tow because i forgot the oe item i went for a breeze!
thaks for that...and you are more than okay! you ROCK!
now, nap time yet??

Pam said...

Holy Guacamole, Batman! All of that and it's only naptime.

Oh, Tiff, I really feel for you handling this chaotic morning with your 4underfoot! I can definitely say that I've never had a morning quite like that, thankfully.

Hope the rest of your day is better ;-)

Kristin said...

Don't we all have days like this? I just read to my son last night "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, very bad day.!" I love that book because it happens!

Andi said...

It seems that I have many days like this and I've only got my twins. Thanks for sharing your bad days, too. :)

Homegrown Tribe said...

hee-Hee! oh the joys!

britt

Tara said...

I think I have ingredients for molten lava chocolate cakes around here somewhere. Sounds like you need some!

Unknown said...

Tiff- so glad you made it thru a sense of humor. and homemade mac and cheese sounds fabulous. So glad you are back to blogging!

mrs boo radley said...

Beautiful chaos.

I really have no more words.

Elyse said...

Oh.my.goodness...just a walk in the park...right?
~Elyse

Sarah said...

And I thought our morning was rough! Thanks for sharing!

Ehlan said...

Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day!! :)

Stephanie said...

Oh my..life the same life somedays..why yes I do believe we do :) I hope you are able to sit and rest tonight alittle!!!

gina said...

LOL> And with you not at you. Easy for me to say, right?! :) I love your attitude, woman!!