Friday, May 22, 2009

a ribbon wrapped, cellophane stunner.

So, I've cut down on pie eating.

And truthfully, I haven't even peeled back the tinfoil from the pie plate once in the last day and a half.

I credit my friend Resa for part of that. That girl! She did it to me again.


She sent me eye candy at it's finest. And you know how eye candy holds a dear place in my heart. I'm so glad she did. I consider this my distraction package:



These clips and magnets have been keeping my mind's eye off of that darn succulent Strawberry Rhubarb.

When I pulled out this ribbon wrapped, cellophane stunner, I gasped. Oh my Lord, I wanted to lick them, and then put them somewhere. But where? I didn't think that attaching them to my outfit, for an easy, creative pick me up would be appropriate.

I had an idea.

I took this old, grimey, how-in-the-world-did-this-thing-get-this-way cookie sheet:

Then, I ran to the bottom of the hill to our scrap store to get coordinating paper so I could slather it with Mod Podge and make it look like this:


That's when I placed a few things to feature on my new magnet board, grabbed a hammer and nail and hung it here:

...in the laundry room that's right off my kitchen.
A perfect place to showcase new eye candy. Wouldn't you say?

13 comments:

Lisa H said...

Clever girl! That is super cute....I might make one too! :)

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!!
Love it Tiff
Michelle

Amy said...

DARLING!!!!!

amanda said...

super cute and fantasic idea. i would've never thought of that!!

mrs boo radley said...

Smarty!

xoxo

Homegrown Tribe said...

oh I love it! I might have to try that! :)

britt

Stephanie said...

You are too talented! How in the world you find time to do that stuff with babies underfoot I'll never understand...I live it day to day and I know I can't find it. You go girl!

C and C Mommy said...

Very cute!!

How did you think of that? I am so not creative!!

gina said...

So cute!

resa troyer said...

what a great idea. glad you are enjoying your eye candy. they were fun to make. and i thought of you when the first ones were done.

Tara said...

Well now, that's simply adorable!

Pam said...

What a fantastic idea! You're just full of creativity, aren't you?!

My pans aren't quite to the point of throwing out so I'm going to have to stow that idea in the back of my brain for another day. OR...I could buy a cheapy and go from there. Yes!

Lindsay said...

Thank you for the CUTE idea! :)