Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Black Friday


I can honestly say that I have NEVER been shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. Growing up, my family didn't get into Black Friday shopping deals...like yours Stace....and since we've been married, well, we've pretty much had babies the entire time, almost, and I never really got the urge to go hit the sales before the sun came up. However, 2 years ago Jaclyn and I had to run to Burnsville for something. I don't remember what it was but I do remember that it was supposed to be a really quick trip there and back. Yea right!!! Our 20 min drive there turned into almost an hour because of the traffic that started about half way there. It was stop and go for about a half hour. Ahhh..I was about pulling my hair out. It was then that I realized that I am best at home the day after Thanksgiving, eating turkey sandwiches and leftover pumpkin pie. My husband on the other hand ventured out last year at 4am. He said Best Buy and Walmart had the biggest lines. You know, the ones that wrap up and down the aisles inside and then end up curling around the store outside... Wow. Regardless of the great deals, like this GPS system by Tomtom that retails for $399 but is on sale for $119 on this special day, I'll be staying home again. Am I the only one that misses out on all this "fun?" What are some things you HAVE to get this Black Friday?

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ok....this answers my question on whether or not I could count on you to keep me company on Friday morning in the freezing cold! Come on....you could be out and back before the kids rise....and wouldn't you look cool bringing home fresh scones!

4under3 said...

I'm sorry but I'm still catching up on sleep from when the twins weren't sleeping through the night. There's no room for a tired mommy in our house. Wouldn't you look cool bringing fresh scones to MY house, though?!