Thursday, January 1, 2009

28 hour road trip

Ahh! The crashing waves.

If I squeeze my eyes closed real tight--and ignore the sound of my PC running at my feet--I can hear them. And it won't be long now, before I revisit the home of the Year Round Heat Wave for some relaxation and rejuvination. Although our life rearing our 4 children--all born to us in under 3 years--is pretty much a gigantic piece of chocolate cake, we're ready for a little change of scenery for a few days.

Naples, FL here we come!

Hubs and I decided that the weather is fair enough here in Icicleville to head out tonight--as opposed to tomorrow morning--and guide the smallest car I've ever laid legs in down 20 some hours of road. Wish us luck. Please pray for our safe travel. It's not like me to get nervous, but you know, we'll have one of our most precious pieces of cargo stowed--in a fancy popcan on wheels--with us, and three others waiting at home. Phew! It's funny how the birth of your children changes your dare factor in life.

With that being said, here are a few of our target points along our road trip. How many of you have been/know someone/live near any of these?

Madison, WI
Champaign, IL
Nashville, TN
Birmingham, AL
Montgomery, AL
Tallahassee, FL
Tampa, FL
or Naples, FL

I'm bringing the camera and I hope to take some random, meaningless photos to show you all, all the while tweeting about our excursions there and back. And, I'm sure the drive will go fast, being that I'll be bringing along that scarf I started knitting and really need to get moving on have our 4 year old's new Leapster to play with.

Ta ta for now.

Oh, and one more thing. Toddler slippers! They were toddler slippers sewn and packaged for some friends' little girls.

14 comments:

Candy said...

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time. Will be watching for your tweets! Don't get homesick!

mrs boo radley said...

Have fun, be young, stop by and visit my bro--he lives in Madtown, seriously, you'd love him more than most people, I'll give you his number...

Happy 2009! For you, but not yet for me! Less than 2 hours...

Lisa H said...

Hope you have a great trip and don't miss your other three too much while you're away! :)

And of course they're slippers. Now it's perfectly clear!

Elyse said...

Have a WONDERFUL trip :) Hang in there with the drive and HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!
~Elyse~

~*Michelle*~ said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip.....stick a little sunshine in your pocket and send it up to CT for me!

Will say prayers to keep you covered in safety and in God's care.

Peace
*~Michelle~*

Brittany said...

I live exactly in between Nashville and Birmingham, I'm sure you will pass by my little interstate exit, Elkmont, AL, which I live only 2 miles from! Tee hee. Y'all have fun, but be careful!

gina said...

Stay safe! Have fun! My FIL lives in Sarasota , FL- we go there alot. He used to have a house in Naples. Small world. :)

Lori said...

Graceland isn't really all that far off. C'mon.... you'd like it!! Sorta... And IF you go there, will you pick me up another coffee mug? It's the one with the pic of Elvis tying his shoes. Mine's got a chip in the rim and I have a feeling it'll be a while before I'll be back that direction.

Have a fun safe trip!! I can't wait to hear how Juj feels about being an "only child."
-LRA

Kristin said...

Have a safe trip! Can't help you with your destinations, but it looks like an awesome time. BTW, I would play with my 5 year-old's brand new Leapster, too, if my 2 year-old would ever let go of it!

Aimee' said...

ooh my guess what right on the slippers! =) hope you guys are having a great time!!

Angela said...

Oh my gosh, girlfriend... when you said you were going to Naples, I didn't think you were driving!! How long are you staying?!?! I can't wait to compare notes on the drive!!! When you get there- tell me, what did you think? So fun we are down here together! Okay- granted we are on opposite ends of the state, but still!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

have a wonderful trip! if you drive back through illinois - send me an email and we can probably meet up!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, those toddler slippers. They look vaguely familiar. Almost as if I've seen them before. Oh, yes! On Small Fry's feet!

Thank you very much:)

Have a great trip! I'm enjoying following your Twitters.

amanda said...

have a great trip. i've 'been' to madison, but only for my daughter's dr's appts at the children's hospital. and the campus for state forensics in high school. i live in a small town two hours north of there. hope you enjoyed the trek through the cheese state. :0)