Sunday, January 4, 2009

Not Me! Monday while on Vacation


You'd think that while being surrounded by weather that's a whoppin' 94 degrees warmer than home--which also happens to be 29 hours and 1770 miles away from home--there'd be no room for embarrassing, silly, or shameful episodes.

And there hasn't been. Riiight.

Yesterday morning while hubs, my MIL and I were waiting on the lanai for breakfast to be served, Julia was concentrating on taming her excitement about walking to the pool to swim. As she patiently paced the floor, she apparently couldn't hold her exuberance in any longer. That's when she did not run full bore into one of the closed sliding glass panel doors separating the living room from the lanai. She did not look as though she was a fly smacking a moving car window. She did not bounce back on her bottom on the tiled floors. And she definitely did not turn into a sobbing mess because of her miscalculation of closed spotless glass doors to open spotless glass doors. Not her! And it--for sure--did not take everything in us to keep a straight face from the comical sight she made.

And, I did not--upon ordering the King Crab Legs at a private beach club the other night while out with my in-laws and friends of theirs--break into a sweat wondering how in the world I was supposed to eat said crab legs when the waiter presented me with them. I'm a cultured girl, and definitely not sheltered in the seafood department. I know things like this. And really, as I sat back quietly, secretively scoping out how the others were digging out their crab meat with their mini crab fork, I agreed that they were doing it correctly. Just as I thought it was to be done.

I know what you're thinking. She sure has got it together. Now, I'd love to hear how well you have it together.

And, in case you want to check out others who indeed have it together, hop on over to My Charming Kids and join in the fun.

13 comments:

Elyse said...

I did not laugh at what Julia did...no, I am a much nicer person!
~Elyse~

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

I'm very jealous of the warm weather...Great Not Me's!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

My toes just got a little warmer reading about the weather...I can't wait to be warm again :)

I have to admit I laughed, quite loudly, about your little one smacking into the door.

Lorie said...

MMMMM....crab legs! Enjoy!

Lorina said...

I am so NOT jealous right now.

Anonymous said...

I do NOT hate you just a little bit because you're on vacation.

amanda said...

it would have been SO hard not to laugh at her. good job for keeping it in!! poor kiddo.

Joy said...

Man, we havent seen 80 degrees in MONTHS! Enjoy!! :)

mrs boo radley said...

Whew...I thought you were going to say 'breaking into a sweat' in reference to some newly discovered shellfish allergy.

Aileigh said...

Seriously wish I could have seen that!

Liz said...

I have taken out a few screen doors in my life...poor Julia...hope she's ok...besides the embarassment. Glad you are having such a wonderful time! Can't wait to see more pics!
♥liz

Anonymous said...

You try not to laugh when they run into those doors...just for a second of course though! Enjoy your vacation!

gina said...

:)


No I did not think it would be a good idea to try and watch TWO sad heartwarming (in other words ones that make me cry like a BABY!) this past weekend while I was trying to recover from sinus and ear infections (happy new year to me). No my sinus aren't plugged solid , again, as a result.


It was worth it. which surprised me. I mean I had heard The Notebook would be good, but Marley & Me was a pleasant surprise. Just don't bring young kids.