Friday, January 16, 2009

Mark My Words

UPDATE: It's at the end of this post.



ORIGINAL POST:

Here's the scoop!

It appears that many of you have questions swirling around in your head for the cast of 4under3. My poor inbox overfloweth! And gosh, I'm feeling quite famous! But, since it's been hard to answer them all personally I thought I'd post a coffee shop'ish type read today. To set all your minds at ease.

Brittany tagged me over at 4littlemen & twins to do a No Rules Meme. So I thought: The children are napping, and it's not laundry day, so why not share some random details with you all?


Here we go:

If there was such a thing as a Potty Training Nanny--specifically for almost 3 year old boys--I'd hire her in a second. No price would be too high.

I am energized by the smell and tastes of grapefruit and chamomile. (Teas, handwash, foot scrubs, lotion, wedges with sugar sprinkled on.) Call it a sensory carnival for me!

It's really hard for me to talk on the phone during the day. If I know I can't give my 100% full attention to the caller, I'll pass it through. But, if it's an important call that I've been expecting, I'll duck into the nearest room and lock myself in.

Even though I LOVE winter, the snowier the better, I have not been enjoying our subzero spell thus far. (We've had like 2.3 days so far to actually play in the snow, which is where all the fun is at.) However, there have been two things that have helped keep my spirits high in our snowy season: my moss LaFonda jacket and my furry boots. I've totally been crushin' on them ever since Mr. Marvelous gifted them to me for Christmas.

I don't care to watch TV--there's maybe an occasional viewing of The Unit with Mr. Marvelous--until The Bachelor and American Idol come around. And, mark my words, the American Idol contestant Kacey, from Minneapolis, will make it as one of the top 12 finalists.

When I look at/think about/touch/hear the voice of Mr. Marvelous, I'm nearly sent to the moon with passion. Even during one of our few-and-far-between spats, I wonder how he can still intoxicate me with his darn sweetness.

And now, if you are still interested, here is the recipe for the Beer Bread & the Loaded Baked Potato Soup. Remember, an overdose of bacon, cheddar, and chives.

Don't. Forget!

UPDATE: Now, to those I tag. Would the following please come on down! You're the next contestants on this No Rules Meme.

Karyn
Michelle
Aimee
Amanda
The Henrys

10 comments:

Homegrown Tribe said...

It IS super cold isn't it.... crazy cold!

have a great weekend!

britt

Anonymous said...

Yummy in my tummy! I've got all the ingredients to make it tonight. Thanks for that.

gina said...

I 'm all over those recipes- thanks for sharing!


I don't like to talk on the phone either unless I have full attention to give it which is um, almost never. That's why I like blogging, twitter, etc. It all happens when I can steal a minute here or there. :)

And my hubbie still gives me butterflies- which has been keeping me warm on these sub zero nights.

mrs boo radley said...

We're happy because we eat butter, yo.

Lisa H said...

I don't answer the phone much during the day either--it's too hard to carry on a conversation when you're only half there! :) My friends know better by now. Today I had to call all of my mops girls and I was DREADING it but luckily I got a lot of answering machines--makes it go a lot faster!

Have you ever heard of the book, "Toilet Training in Less Than a Day?" It's a pretty good method. I used it (loosely) for both of my boys. And I know some places actually do have potty trainers come in a do 'classes' with little ones--wouldn't that be great? :)

Thanks for the recipes too, btw. I think we'll be having (super)loaded baked potato soup tomorrow night-yummy!

Oh, and sorry for all the long comments I've been leaving you lately--I guess I'm feeling chatty these days! :)

Lisa H said...

Okay, last comment, then I'm out of here.

That new picture of Hazel on your side bar is cracking me up! TOO CUTE!

amanda said...

thanks for tagging me!! :0) i'm in the middle of posting it now..i'm a big dork and like the whole getting tagged thing. you seriously made my day. is that weird? the unit is my hubby's favorite show too. i love to watch it with him and know that it is something HE wanted to watch. but i do like the bachelor and american idol, once they get to hollywood...:0) again thanks for tagging me. hope you're enjoying the nicer weather...ha...above zero degrees is nice weather...

Alex Accornero said...

That's so exciting you get to go to an NHL game!!! I'm assuming at was Ducks @ Wild? Bummer they lost but I'm sure it was still really fun :)

I am a huuuuuge SJ Sharks fan (actually watching their game now!) so it's fun to hear when others go to games. :) We live about 45 minutes outside of San Jose so we go to a few games per year. :)

Hope you had a wonderful night!
Alex from CA

Aimee' said...

oooh I'm on it girl...as soon as I get some work done first...since afterall I do get a paycheck to work here...and not to blog. ;)

MamaBear said...

I'm bummed that I missed hearing Kasey's audition. Her mom is my 'teacher' at SisterBear's school.

Small world huh?