Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcoming Home Committee: Blood, Bumps, and Boo Boos

I get the impression that the portion of our 4under3* that were left behind last week--while Mr. Marvelous, our eldest, and I frolicked fancily along the warm abnormally warm coast--have put their heads together and agreed on displaying a rather normal busy day here at the homestead, instead of easing us back into reality.

*4 [children in] Under 3 [years].

I'll have you know that throughout the entire vacation, the only one opportunity for me to even consider placing a grimace upon my face was when Mr. Marvelous informed me that he had dropped my bottle of Aveda Phomollient and busted up the cap.

Minuscule. Right?

Otherwise, the mental break was superb. There was not one thought to Grrrr, or Rrrrr, or shout in my pillow, "Please tell me you all are kidding!" (Ok, I've never done that last one. But, don't think that having many little people around wouldn't push a person to it.)

And, even supposing that we've compressed a split lip for the little man of the house and iced a goose egg well positioned on the back of a little girl's head--all before lunch today--it's good to be home with my babies.

Even though yesterday's temp in Naples--before we boarded our plane--read 83 degrees, and even though it was the second warmest place to be yesterday, in all of America (Second to Orlando checking in at 1 degree warmer.), and even though it proved to be warmer then even the tropical islands of Cozumel and Montego Bay, Jamaica, it really wasn't necessary to stay one more day in it and do this:

Wouldn't you agree?

15 comments:

~*Michelle*~ said...

Welcome home!

*this coming from a mama who has her own parking spot at the ER.

xox
*~Michelle~*

Kelly said...

I can't wait to do my own frolicking in the ocean soon.

Welcome back.

Alicia O. & the gang said...

Grr... busted caps! yeah right!!!! So not grimace worthy as you said..especially while sunbathing with a little ms. by your side! SOOOO MUCH FUN! I bet you heard more of your big girl than you have in a long time...and I bet that was awesome!

gina said...

oh boy. and really, I've said "are you kidding me?!??" out loud, now that they are older, because some days it just feels that ridiculous.


John is heading down there at the end of the month... I'm sure he is hoping it stays that warm What waws I thinking when I said- no just go alone. ;)

Lisa H said...

Welcome home! Isn't that just the way it goes...no easing back into reality, it just smacks you upside the head! :)

Glad you had a fun mini-vacation with your hubby and oldest!

amanda said...

welcome back. at least you didn't come back to the coldest temps possible. :0) glad you had a superb trip!

mrs boo radley said...

Hope all collective swelling has gone down in your household by now.

Liz said...

welcome home...hope all the injuries are healing...
Nope I don't see any reason why you would want to spend even one more day laying by the pool and soaking in the sun...☺

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

Welcome home!

Now back to the circus! I only say that because I have 3 young boys and that's what it'll be here when we get back. *wink*

Kelly said...

where r u?

Aimee' said...

Hope everything is ok! Miss your witty posts!

Lori said...

You ok there, Dear?

Anonymous said...

yeah, I miss my Tiffany update! Beth VR

Lori said...

miss you girl! hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

I love that phommolient too, isn't it the best!