Thursday, March 6, 2008

Gosh. Gee. Mag 3's.

I've failed in telling you of two very important upcoming events. No, not Daylight Savings...but isn't that going to be fabulous? I love having the bright sun burst through our bedroom windows at 6:30a.m. then serenade me with a "Good Morning" song as I walk towards the shower. I really do.

The events that I've been meaning to tell you about are the girls' Mag 3 scans that are to be done soon. This Monday (10th) is Norah's, and the following Monday (17th) is Hazel's.

Mag 3 scans are scans of the kidney. In Utero, during one of our many weekly ultrasounds, they thought they saw excess fluid on each of the girls' right kidney. They weren't bothered by it but said after they are born they would do a dye test to see if fluid is reluxing from their bladders back up to their kidneys. They scanned, and they looked great. No reflux. They told us they'd do another ultrasound of the kidneys when they turned 6 months so that they could "cross it off their list" and send us on our way. They did that scan...but still found fluid. So here we are....going over to the big dog doctors for a Mag 3 scan. Doesn't it sound scary?

The day will look something like this. Wake early (5:30'ish), but no morning bottle, just clear liquids. (I'm not sure how that will fly.) In at 7:15 to start an IV, then they'll catheterize and give a liquid medicine to sedate. The girls need to sleep very, very still for about 45 minutes allowing for a scan of what the kidneys are doing. They want to know if there is a kink in one of the ureters? If there is, they'd put a dissolvable stint in and they'd be fine and dandy. However, I'm praying that the Urologist comes out and says something like this: "Gosh, gee, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong here. I don't know where the mix up was. Have a great day, Bye."

I haven't really talked about this because I'm believing that everything is going to be fine. Really, what's all the fuss about? (And tell me, what's faith without believing the unseen?) Everything will be...just..(deep breath)....fine. I know God is in control and I believe His promise to surround the girls with His "favor as with a shield."

So, if you think of it, feel free to shout out your prayers for a calm, keep-it-together mommy and comfortable babies. We'd really appreciate it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes I will be praying! Trusting that, hopefully, this will be "nothing" and, even if not, that you will keep leaning on God as we know He has their little kidneys in His great big hands!

I can't keep from telling you that Cullen, too, was born with kidney/ureter issues. He never had a Mag 3 test, though...just numberous Voiding Cysto Urethograms. We were told when he was 3 weeks old that we needed to do this and that and antiobiotics and surgery, but we felt that he would outgrow his condition (we did LOTS of research, don't worry), which, at age 1 year, we discovered through one LAST test that he had! Praying it will be a similar outcome for the girlies.

Amy said...

The best answered prayers are the ones where the doctors scratch their heads & go, "Hmm, I could've sworn we saw....."

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Here's hoping & faithing!!

Kim said...

I will certainly be joining the others in praying that all comes out well and that they do tell you: "Gosh,gee, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong here."

Stacey said...

We will be praying for your little girls! WE serve a great God. His hands are upon them and have been since they were safe in your tummy!
We love you guys!

Amanda said...

Your little sweeties will be in our prayers. Just remember that God is good and totally in charge.

Kristi said...

May God give you His continued peace as you wait. WAITING for tests and results is not fun (we know from experience with our daughter!)...so, I will pray for you and that all goes well and that everything looks GREAT with their kidneys! Thanks for sharing!

Angela said...

I am so glad you shared this! I will definitely be praying for the little ones. Please keep us posted, okay?

Angela said...

I am so glad you shared this! I will definitely be praying for the little ones. Please keep us posted, okay?

Anonymous said...

Oh Tiff, the Lord is so in control. I can imagine your anxiousness right now, but know you are trusting Him for his soverignty. We will be lifting you guys and little gals up to Jesus. He holds them in His hands. Keep us posted-literally. Love you .

Anonymous said...

I am comforted by these words. Whatever you ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the son. Yes, ask anything, using my name, and I will do it. John 14:13-14

If two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. Mathew 18:19