Saturday, March 8, 2008

"I TwoTaday!"

It's been two years since our little Lukeman joined our growing family. I wonder if he knew what he was getting himself into, being the only boy plopped right in the middle of 3 girls? When people realize his birth order/sibling gender situation... it's usually, "Oh, you poor boy!" We correct them quickly explaining that his wife is going to thank his three sisters over and over again. There's no "poor" about it, he'll have it all figured out. He's quite the lucky one.





I fell madly in love with this wide eyed little guy the second he plowed his big head into this world. Over a pound heavier than his big sis, he made for quite the claustrophibic delivery. I thought he'd be stuck in there forever. I'm glad he wasn't.




This snuggly bunny loved to cuddle, and still does before every nap and bedtime. He would lay in my arms, sucking his thumb while I whispered sweetness in his ear. That's when I melt.




Those dimples get me every time. I still almost chew his cheeks off. This was one of the last pictures taken in his first house. I miss it for him, since he'll never remember the room he started walking in, or the bedroom he shared with Julia.




Here is his very first birthday. We threw a ginormous party at our new place. This was about 4 months before the twins were born. He was such a good boy. Do I remember it right when I think of him as a quiet, peaceful, and laid back boy during this stage of his life?





And now he's 2! As you can see. He's a 2-year-old full of bubbly laughter, fierce determination and decision, the sweetest sensitive little heart, and the cutest little dance moves you'll ever see. (The dude will break out a dance to the telephone ringing.) And, he'll tell you he's "Twotaday" whenever you ask him how old he is. Then he'll get out his chubby little fingers and show you.

Come to think of it, I'm feeling a little "Tootaday," also...I'm feeling like my only little boy is growing up TOO FAST.

18 comments:

Amy said...

Norah really favors him.

And I'm digging his 2 shirt!

Happy Bday Luke!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday, Luke! Like your mommy, I LOVE your dimples (your smile just melts me!) and your cheeks are just asking to be squished! You are just too adorable! You lucky boy, you, growing up with three sisters who will just LOVE on you all the time. And you'll be their protector, the one to fend off all the boys. I hope you had a wonderful day! You're "twotoday", yeah!

Hilary said...

What adorable pictures!!! What a nice post to honor your son's birthday :)
I also want to say thank you for leaving me such a nice comment on my blog. I appreciate so much that you took the time to read about my husband and that you are praying for us. It means a lot to me.
Thank you and God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Luke!!!

I loved your very quick version of his birth story. Nice verbs and adjectives.

He could EASILY pass for one of the twins (with more hair) at his first birthday party. Seriously! I hadn't seen SUCH a strong familial resemblence until now.

Enjoy 2, big guy!

Angela said...

I have chills!! Love the pics of your precious little boy. Oh, that one of him as a new baby... sooooo sweet.

Yes, there is something just so special about the mother/son bond.

And, I agree with you- he's a lucky boy to have 3 sisters! Happy birthday, little one!!

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday, Luke!!! :-)

Turning TWO is a big deal!!! :-) And I totally agree that growing up around three girlies is going to be only to your advantage in learning how to deal with and treat us females!!!

I hope that you had a fun day...it was so fun to see the pictures of you and watch you grow! You are an adorable little guy...can I even tell you how much I love your hair?? :-)

Happy Birthday again - and Happy Birthday to your Mom and Dad too...it is a big day for everyone!!!

mamatutwo said...

How very sweet. It is amazing to be the little brother of sisters. We have two older sisters and the little guy is 2, also!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday buddy! You are such a big boy and what a wonderful thing for your parents to be blessed with girls and a boy! They sure are lucky b/c you are mighty handsome and I too could almost chew your cheeks off!

Love your threads, you are stylin'!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Sorry about all those comments, my computer went bah-zurk!

Melanie, Who am I ? said...

I LOVE that little guy! He makes my heart smile. I can't believe he is two.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Luke! He does look like such a funny guy with a sensitive heart. I hope it's such a special day for all of you. And I think he is such a lucky one to get soo much attention from all the girls now and 15 years from now.

Anonymous said...

Lukie, you are soo big for a little guy. I remember the day you came to us. Joy to the world! Your birthday party was fun, cutie pie!!

Ehlan said...

Happy Birthday! I remember meeting Luke just after he was born with Ella at Famous Daves! Do you remember that!

Stacey said...

Super Late Happy Belated Luke. Hope you enjoyed your birthday brunch. Sounds like it was a GRrreat Time!!!