Monday, March 10, 2008

Knocked on Dreamland's Door

It's too bad that adults aren't allowed to throw tantrums like toddlers because I'd throw myself right down on the floor---kicking and screaming.

Our healthy one, Norah, started her fevers Friday night. I ended up taking her to Urgent Not-so-Urgent Care last night after her fever was 101.3 and it had been over 48 hours of off and on, off and on. The doc said her ears were red and prescribed her the same antibotic Hazel is on. He said, "Take this, and at least she'll sleep good tonight." Off to bed she went at 8'ish only to wake at midnight. I gave her some Tylenol and she drifted back to sleep. Then 3:00 rolled around and she woke hotter than hot at a steamin' 102.6. That's when I stripped her down, laid her on my chest and covered her head with a cool washcloth. Finally after hours of tending to my sick babe, around 5:15'ish I laid her on a blanket next to my bed and we both knocked on dreamland's door one more time.

So, needless to say, we've rescheduled her scan once again. Ta-ta for now! It's naptime for everyone today.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Hope you got some rest!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, so sorry that your Healthy One is not Not. And that you have to prolong the wait for her scan. Praying for a quick cooling of her temperature!!!

Amanda said...

I hate that bone weary feeling of tending a sick one all night. It takes days to recover. I think you are entitled to a tantrum if will make you feel better. :)

Kristi said...

I was remembering that you said one of your daughter's scan was today...so, I just came in to check and see how things went.

SO sorry to hear about the sickness, though!! :-(

Hope that the afternoon WAS full of rest and that the fever has gone down...

Take care!

Kim said...

Poor lil babe.... here's to hopnig you all got the rest you need and that she feels better really soon.

Ehlan said...

No fun! i hope you guys are doing better now!